Creamy and tangy Alabama white barbecue sauce make this chicken sandwich special and a real stand-out at any party.
- 1 (1.5 lbs) pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 hamburger buns
- ½ cup dill pickle hamburger chips
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise by placing your hand on top of the breast and slicing parallel to the cutting board to make 4 thin cutlets.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, toss the chicken breasts with the chicken seasoning (you can coat them up to 1 day in advance and chill, covered until ready to cook). Prepare the white barbecue sauce by whisking together mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish, and Dijon mustard.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill chicken over high heat for 10–15 min., flipping every 3–4 min. until nicely charred. Meat is done when an internal thermometer reads 165°F.
- Spread butter evenly among the flat sides of each bun and grill just to toast. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and allow to rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 min. Slice cooked chicken breast and set on toasted buns with white barbecue sauce and pickles.
- June/July 2017