No July 4th party is complete without a slice of cornbread, and this one is super quick on the grill. And the best part is? It’s gluten-free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 jalapeño
- cooking spray
- Set grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, set dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs. (Make sure the butter has cooled slightly before adding to the buttermilk and eggs.)
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into the center. Fold mixture together just to combine.
- Thinly slice the jalapeño. Coat skillet lightly with cooking spray. Add batter and arrange sliced jalapeño on top. Place skillet on grill and close grill lids. Cook for 10 min. or until top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow cornbread to cool slightly before serving.
Feel free to add cheese or canned green chilies.
CUPCAKES: For individual portions, divide batter into a cupcake tin and bake at 350°F for 20-25 min. or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
This recipe is
- June/July 2017
- 10 Minutes