Two dessert favorites in one! These chilled ice cream treats take the shape of cupcakes and get topped with chocolate and fresh berries.
- 15 chocolate wafers (¾ cup crushed)
- 1 cup chocolate shell ice cream topping, divided
- 1 ½ cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- ¾ cup mixed fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a food processor, pulse the wafers until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix with ¼ cup of the chocolate shell topping. Set aside.
- Divide the strawberry ice cream among lined muffin cups, pressing into even layer. Working quickly, spoon chocolate wafer mixture over ice cream in even layer. Freeze 1 hour.
- Divide the vanilla ice cream among muffin cups, pressing into even layer. Freeze 1 hour. Top each with 1 tbsp remaining chocolate shell topping and garnish tops with berries. Freeze until set. Serve immediately or keep in freezer up to 3 days.
Swap the strawberry ice cream for other colorful flavors, like pistachio or mint chocolate chip.
- August 2018