Herbs and beef broth infuse flavor into this chuck roast, which gets fork-tender in a slow cooker.
- 1 (2 - 3 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Season chuck roast with salt and pepper and add to a large slow cooker.
- Into slow cooker, add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 6–8 hours, until tender. Discard liquid, bay leaves, and thyme. Slice to serve.
- Savory Sunday
- April 2018