Chipotle mayonnaise adds loads of flavor to these salmon patties that are easy to whip up with the help of a food processor.
- 4 green onions
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 seedless English cucumber
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 5 tbsp chipotle mayonnaise, divided
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
- Thinly slice the green onions, separating the green and white parts. Add white parts to a food processor. Cut salmon into 1-inch chunks and add to food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until finely chopped but not pasty. Shape into 4 patties.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the patties and cook 3 min. per side, until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the cucumber. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, coleslaw mix, green parts of green onions, and 3 tbsp mayonnaise. Season with salt.
- Spread remaining 2 tbsp mayonnaise on bottoms of buns and top with slices of cucumber, patties, slaw, and tops of buns. Serve any remaining slaw on the side.
For even more flavor, grate lemon zest into the salmon before pulsing and squeeze some of the juice into the slaw.
- Fifteen Minutes
- September 2018
- 15 Minutes