Balance out all that Halloween candy with this better-for-you snack featuring tart apples and nuts. Just be sure to remove the clove eyes before letting the kids chow down.
- 3 large Granny Smith apples
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup slivered blanched almonds
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Quarter the apples from stem to bottom. Turn each apple quarter sideways and cut large wedge out to form open mouth.
- Spread 1 tbsp almond butter inside “mouth” and line with mini marshmallows to form 1 row of teeth and insert almonds for fangs. Repeat with remaining apples, almond butter, mini marshmallows, and almonds.
- If not serving immediately, brush cut sides of apples with the lemon juice to prevent browning for up to 1 hour.
- Fifteen Minutes
- October 2018
- guiding star
- 15 Minutes