This vegetarian meal satisfies with its spinach and cheese–stuffed mushrooms and sweet, caramelized squash.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 4 medium portabella mushroom caps
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 4 oz onion and chive cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel, seed, and cut the squash into 1-inch chunks. On a large baking sheet, toss squash with 2 tbsp oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Push to one side of pan.
- With spoon, scrape and discard gills from the mushroom caps. Brush with remaining 1 tbsp oil and season with salt. Arrange gill-sides up on other side of pan. Place in oven and roast 10 min.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the spinach very dry and place in a medium bowl, along with the cream cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture onto par-cooked mushrooms. Stir squash.
- Continue roasting squash and mushrooms 10 min., until squash and mushrooms are tender.
- November 2018
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- guiding star