Seasonings like ginger, cardamom, and coriander brighten earthy, protein-packed legumes in this satisfying soup.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (1-inch) chunk fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1 lb green lentils, picked over
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- Dice the carrots. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Peel and finely mince the ginger.
- Set multi-cooker on sauté function. Add the oil, carrots, onion, garlic, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 min., until onion is golden, stirring often. Add the coriander and cardamom. Cook 1 min. Add 6 cups water, stirring and scraping up any browned bits. Add the lentils and tomatoes. Seal and bring to high pressure. Cook 8 min. Let quick release.
- Into lentils, stir 2 cups water and the spinach. Season with salt to taste.
- guiding star
- January 2019