Put this dish together the night before and let the oats cook overnight, so you can wake up to a breakfast the whole family will enjoy.
- Cooking spray
- 1½ cups steel-cut oats
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup oat or plant-based milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Coat the bowl of a medium slow cooker with the cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, water, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add oat mixture to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 7–8 hours, until oats are tender.
- Add the oat milk and stir to combine. Drizzle with the maple syrup and top with the almonds to serve.
- October 2109
- Guiding Stars