Cranking up the oven toward the end helps to glaze the roast chicken in this 5-ingredient recipe that feeds a crowd.
- 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup Nature's Promise Organic U.S. Grade A Golden Honey
- 2 (4- 5 lb) whole chickens
- 1 (¾ oz) pkg fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a wire rack on a large, foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Into a small bowl, zest both the lemons. Halve lemons and squeeze 2 tbsp juice into bowl (do not discard lemons). Stir in the honey and set aside.
- With kitchen shears, trim any excess fat from the chickens. Season insides of chickens with salt and pepper. Divide lemon halves and rosemary between each chicken cavity. For each bird, tie legs together and tuck wings behind. Rub the oil all over outside of chickens. Generously season outsides of chickens with salt.
- Roast 1 hour, brushing with honey mixture every 20 min. Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Roast chickens another 15 min., until a thermometer inserted between the thigh and drumstick reaches 165°F and skin is golden brown.
- Remove chickens from oven and let rest at least 15 min. before carving.
Garnish with extra lemon slices and rosemary sprigs.
This recipe is
- April 2020
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Five Ingredients
- Wheat Free
- 5 ingredients
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free