Sweet Italian sausage and steamed sweet potatoes transform into a make-ahead baked omelet perfect for brunch or dinner.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 links sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ (0.75 oz) container fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, combine the sweet potatoes and ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 5 min., until tender.
- In a 10-inch nonstick oven-safe skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the sausage and green onions. Cook 5–7 min., breaking up sausage with back of a wooden spoon.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, basil, and garlic powder until smooth and well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Drain sweet potatoes and add to skillet. Stir in the egg mixture.
- Cook 2 min., stirring edges occasionally. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 15 min., until just set in center.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- May 2020
- gluten free
- guiding star
- Wheat Free