This sweet and salty treat is easy to whip up (let the kids help!) and makes a tasty Fourth of July snack for your backyard cookout.
- 6 red hard candies
- 6 blue hard candies
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 10 pretzel rods
- Place the hard candies in a resealable plastic bag and wrap in a kitchen towel. With a rolling pin or mallet, crush the candies until small bits form. Mix crushed candies on a sheet of parchment.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with another sheet of parchment. Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe medium bowl. Microwave in 30-sec. intervals until melted, stirring in between. Stir until smooth.
- Dip a pretzel rod into the white chocolate, using a spoon to coat the rod at least halfway in chocolate and scraping off excess. Roll in candies to coat all sides. Place on baking sheet to set. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Refrigerate pretzels until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe is
- June 2020
- Nut Free
- Egg Free