This lighter spin on coleslaw relies on a homemade dressing for tangy flavor and red, white, and blue tortilla strips for crunch, making it a great summer side dish.
- 4 limes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups tri-color tortilla strips
- Into a large serving bowl, finely grate the zest from 2 limes. Squeeze ½ cup juice from all limes. Whisk in the oil, honey, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and green onions to bowl. Toss until well combined. Refrigerate 2–4 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, garnish with the tortilla strips.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- June 2020
- gluten free
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free