Keep this versatile tomato sauce on hand for quick and easy dinners. It’s perfect for spaghetti and meatballs, chicken cacciatore, or tossed with plain pasta.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can Nature's Promise® Organic Crushed Tomatoes with Basil
- 1 (28 oz) can Nature's Promise® Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, cut up
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat the oil on medium. Add the onion and cook 8–10 min., until golden, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1 min., stirring often.
- To pot, add the tomatoes, along with the bay leaves, oregano, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat to simmer. Partially cover and cook 25–30 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in the butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for 3 months.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- September 2020
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free