When you’re short on baking ingredients, these rich, buttery 4-ingredient cookies save the day. Swap in different-colored sprinkles based on the season.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, cut up and softened
- ½ cup red or green sprinkles or coarse decorating sugar
- In a food processor, pulse the flour and sugar together. Add the butter and pulse until dough just comes together, stopping and stirring occasionally.
- Transfer half of dough to a large sheet of plastic wrap. Shape into a 12-inch log and wrap tightly in plastic, smoothing into even log. Repeat with remaining dough and another sheet of plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 min., or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment.
- Place the sprinkles in a wide shallow dish. Remove 1 log from refrigerator and unwrap. Lightly brush with cold water, then roll log in sprinkles to cover sides, pressing to adhere. Cut dough into ¼-inch-thick slices. Arrange on lined pan, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10–12 min., until golden brown on bottoms. Cool completely on wire rack. Repeat baking and cooling with remaining dough and sprinkles. To store, place in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Similar to flour, confectioners’ sugar can be measured in different ways, resulting in very different textures. For the most accurate results, weigh the confectioners’ sugar (⅔ cup = 75g).
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- December 2020
- Egg Free
- Calories 43kcal 2%
- Fat 2.6g 4%
- Saturated fat 1.6g 8%
- Carbs 4.7g 2%
- Sodium 23mg <1%
- 1.8g sugar
- 0.1g fiber
- 0.4g protein
- 7mg cholesterol