This traditional Mexican stew is effortless thanks to the slow cooker and jarred salsa verde. Add all the ingredients at once, then come back to a comforting, ready-to-eat dinner.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 poblano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa verde
- 2 cups water
- 2 (15 oz) cans hominy, drained and rinsed
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 lime, halved
- To a 4- to 5-qt slow cooker bowl, add the chicken, onion, poblano, and chili powder. Stir to combine. Pour the salsa verde and water on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and cook on low 7–8 hours or high 3½–4 hours, until chicken is fork-tender. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a medium bowl. Using 2 forks, shred chicken. Return chicken to slow cooker along with the hominy. Continue to cook 30 min. on high.
- Finely chop the cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over pozole and stir in cilantro to serve.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- September 2021
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free