Crushed croutons act as the binder for these vegetarian, protein-packed chickpea and corn cakes. Serve over fresh baby spinach and this 6-ingredient dinner is done.
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Nature's Promise® low-sodium Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas)
- 3 large ears corn, shucked
- 2 cups cheese and garlic croutons
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 cups packed baby spinach
- ½ cup Nature's Promise® Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Reserve ¼ cup liquid from canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas). Drain remaining liquid from beans without rinsing. Cut kernels from the corn cobs.
- In a food processor, pulse the croutons until coarsely ground. Add chickpeas and 2 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until chickpeas are finely chopped. Add corn and pulse until mixture is well combined and corn is finely chopped, stopping and scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. If mixture seems dry, add remaining 2 tbsp chickpea liquid and pulse to combine. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Form chickpea mixture into 8 (½-inch-thick) cakes and place on a parchment-lined plate. Refrigerate 30 min.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add 4 chickpea cakes and cook 2–3 min. per side, until golden brown. Season with salt. Repeat with remaining cakes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the baby spinach with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chickpea cakes over spinach.
This recipe is
- 9 to 5
- Nut Free
- Easy Every Day
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021
- Egg Free
- 9 Ingredients 5 Meals