A vegetarian mash-up of a creamy risotto and the family-favorite broccoli and cheese, this baked risotto dinner comes together minus the usual constant stirring.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 (10 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Broccoli Florets
- 1 (5 oz) bag baby spinach
- 1 (4 oz) goat cheese log, crumbled
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe heavy-duty pot or Dutch oven on medium-high. Add the onion and saute 5–6 min., until onion is softened. Add the butter, stirring until melted. Stir in the rice, cooking 2–3 min., until rice is toasted. Add the garlic and cook 30 sec., stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup broth and stir until absorbed, about 1 min. Add remaining 5½ cups broth, bring to a boil, and cover with lid. Transfer pot to oven and bake 20–25 min., until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- When risotto is almost done, microwave the broccoli according to package directions. Let cool slightly, then roughly chop into pieces. Once rice is done, remove from oven. To pot, add the spinach and cheese, stirring until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in broccoli and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- one pot
- Nut Free
- October November 2021
- Wheat Free
- Guiding Stars