These tuna melts will be your go-to lunch meal thanks to broiled cheese on top plus the addition of crunchy potato chips.
- 4 slices Nature's Promise® Whole Wheat Bread, toasted
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (5 oz) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain yogurt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 thin-sliced cheddar cheese slices
- ½ cup kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat the broiler. Add bread to foil-lined baking sheet. In a food processor, add half of the beans and purée to a smooth consistency. Transfer purée to medium bowl. To bowl, add remaining beans, tuna, yogurt, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Layer bread with tuna salad. Top each sandwich with 1 cheese slice. Broil 2–3 min., until melted. Meanwhile, toss the chips with the dried parsley. Top tuna melts with the potato chips and serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minute
- Budget Friendly
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- 15 Minutes
- January 2022