This easy and delicious panna cotta dessert uses probiotic kefir, making it good for your gut as well as a nourishing gluten-free treat.
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups Nature's Promise® Organic Kefir (any flavor, such as plain, strawberry, blueberry, or raspberry)
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (6 oz) pkg fresh raspberries or blackberries
- 2 tsp sugar
- To a small bowl, add the water. Sprinkle the gelatin over water and let stand 5 min.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the kefir, milk, honey, vanilla, and salt on medium-high, just until warmed through. (Try not to go any hotter or the good bacteria will be killed.) Remove from heat and whisk in gelatin mixture until smooth.
- Divide mixture among 6 small ramekins. Cover each loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, until firm. Meanwhile, to a small bowl, add the berries. Using a fork, slightly mash berries to crush. To bowl, stir in the sugar and 2 tbsp water. Refrigerate along with panna cotta. Serve panna cotta with berries.
To easily remove panna cotta, dip the ramekin in hot water briefly or use a knife around the edge.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2022
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free