This lighter, breakfast-for-dinner take on a classic full English “fry-up” comes together easily from cooking every part on the grill. It also makes a great weekend brunch.
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 oz) pkg baby bella mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (6.4 oz) box frozen turkey sausage patties
- Cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz) pkg cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Heat half of grill on low and other half on medium-high. In a medium saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, vinegar, mustard, 1 tsp garlic powder, and ½ cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the beans. Cover and place over medium-high side. Bring to a boil. Move beans over to low-heat side. Cook 20 min., until sauce has reduced slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove from grill.
- Meanwhile, trim the bottoms off the mushrooms. To a large bowl, add mushrooms, remaining 1 tsp garlic powder, and 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Add mushrooms to medium-high part of grill. Grill 10 min., until tender, turning occasionally. Place the sausage patties on the low-heat side. Grill 12 min., until browned, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; cover with foil to keep warm.
- While the mushrooms and sausage cook, coat 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Crack an egg into each cup. Place eggs on medium-high side of grill. Cook 6–7 min., or until desired doneness. To a sheet pan, add tomatoes and remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, turning tomatoes to coat. Place the tomatoes on the low-heat side. Grill 5 min., until just blistered. Place bread onto medium-high side and grill 1–2 min. per side, until toasted.
- To serve, divide beans, mushrooms, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, and toast among 4 plates.
Set your oven to a low heat (around 170°F) to keep the beans, mushrooms, and sausage warm while you cook the eggs, tomatoes, and toast.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- July August 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free