There’s so much to love about this retro classic appetizer, from the melty Brie to the golden pastry. Give it an update with jarred mango chutney—a perfect sweet-savory-spicy match for the creamy cheese.
- 1 (8 oz) can Pillsbury ™ Sweet Hawaiian Crescent Rolls or Pillsbury™ Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 (8 oz) pkg soft-ripened Brie wheel
- ¼ cup Patak's ® Sweet Mango Chutney
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Unroll the crescent dough onto prepared baking sheet, pinching seams together as needed.
- Remove the top and bottom rind from the Brie. Spread the chutney in the center of the pastry to about the size of the Brie wheel. Sprinkle the cashews over chutney and top with Brie. Wrap dough over Brie to enclose, trimming off any excess dough. Pinch edges to seal well (if needed, use your fingertips to brush edges with water to help dough stick to itself). Flip Brie over so flat side is up.
- Make four shallow slits in top of pastry to allow steam to escape. In a small bowl, beat egg with 1 tsp water. Brush egg wash over pastry. Bake 25–30 min., until golden brown. Allow to cool 5–10 min. before serving.
Serve the baked Brie by itself or with assorted crackers and veggies.
This recipe is
- 5 ingredient
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022