Swap burgers for portabella mushrooms.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- ½ (16 oz) pkg frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 oz horseradish cheddar cheese, thinly shredded or sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 kaiser rolls
- Scrape off the gills (brown part) on the underside of the portabellas with a spoon. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the mushrooms and rub in with your hands. (For best results, allow mushrooms to marinate for 5 min.) Set oven to broil.
- Place marinated mushrooms on a broiler tray or a rack on a baking pan. Broil on high for 7 min. or until lightly browned. Flip and broil for an additional 3 min.
- Remove mushrooms from oven, and flip so underside of mushroom cap faces up. Divide the spinach evenly between the mushrooms and top with the cheese. Broil for 1 min. or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from oven, and toast rolls under broiler. Assemble mushroom burgers and serve immediately.
Top with your favorite condiments—barbeque sauce, ketchup, or guacamole.
- October November 2016
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- 5 ingredients